The government of Saint Lucia ideas to reopen the tourism sector, beginning June 4, in a phased manner. The tactic, which was unveiled by Minister of Tourism Dominic Fedee, aims to shield nationals and readers from the threat of coronavirus (COVID-19) through progress testing, day-to-day screening and monitoring of personnel and readers sanitization at several details in the course of the travelers’ journey and new social distancing protocols.
Section 1 of the reopening incorporates welcoming intercontinental flights at Hewanorra Global Airport from the United States only. Travelers are recommended to test with airlines relating to flight schedules and regulations prior to scheduling. In anticipation of these to start with readers, some 1,500 lodge rooms in Saint Lucia are currently being organized to open in early June, pending completion of a new COVID-19 certification course of action.
Minister Fedee reported the phased technique to reopening, which carries on by July 31, resulted from countrywide COVID-19 Task Drive consultations with on-island sector stakeholders.
New treatments span from the lodge scheduling course of action to the airport arrival and lodge working experience in Saint Lucia. Protocols consist of:
- Site visitors are required to present certified evidence of a detrimental COVID-19 take a look at in just forty eight several hours of boarding their flight
- Upon arrival in Saint Lucia, all tourists should continue to use face masks and obey physical distancing
- Travelers will be subject to screening and temperature checks by port health and fitness authorities
- Protocols are currently being recognized for taxis, to offer protection precautions and separate the driver from company as an added security measure
- Well being and protection protocols will be reinforced by the use of signage that incorporates QR codes which choose tourists to a landing web page for a lot more details
To more make certain that Saint Lucia stays a secure and responsible place, the government is building a COVID-19 Certificate for lodges. Accommodations should fulfill a dozen or a lot more distinct criteria for sanitization, social distancing and other COVID-19 protocols right before they will be permitted to open to company.
In Section 1, a limited selection of tours can be booked by the traveler’s lodge. At this time, the specific experiences and tours are currently being finalized and a lot more details will be available shortly. Registered lodges and vacation suppliers, nonetheless, will do the job with readers directly to set up secure encounters. Section Two of the island’s new technique to tourism will commence on August 1, 2020, with specifics to be revealed in the weeks forward.
To shield residents and mitigate the spread of coronavirus, Saint Lucia closed its borders to intercontinental marketplaces on March 23. Given that then, the island has adopted protection protocols recommended by the World Well being Firm and the Caribbean General