Known to be the most powerful nation in the world, USA is one country that is on every traveler’s bucket list. With a whole lot of diversity, a trip to the United States of America can prove to be memorable as well as a learning experience. Besides the destinations like New York and Los Angeles that attract a lot of tourists, the USA also has many unexplored gems. Using a best trip planner, you can plan a trip to United States for exploring the vast country. However, before traveling to the country it is commonly observed that many travelers have a lot of presumptions about America. While a few of them might be based on other’s experiences, most of them are just baseless myths. Why not take a look at them, so that you can visit the nation with an open mind and make the most of your travel.
- Most of the people think that the United States of America is a land of sky-high buildings and concrete roads. But that is just so not true. The USA has taken many measures to preserve the natural beauty they are blessed with and boy, are they blessed abundantly with it! There are about 60 protected areas A.K.A national parks in US. These are comprised of a variety of ecosystems, allowing people to escape the city life and nestle in the lap of nature.
- Many just assume that the USA only serves fast food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Trust us, the country has a plethora of fine-dine restaurants that serve lip-smacking food. The variety of cuisines that you can taste here will prove to be a feast for your taste buds.
- Most of us know that America is empowered by modern technology. But, it is a myth that in the wake of keeping up with technology, Americans have let art and culture take a backseat. All the states of US have a plethora of art galleries that promote different kinds of art forms. All the cultural festivals are celebrated with zest and zeal. If you visit US during Christmas or around the new year, you will see families coming together and celebrating the festivities with much galore.
- Many travelers think that Americans lead a very unhealthy lifestyle. This is just the opposite of the fact. Most of the US citizens are very health-conscious. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see someone driving a bicycle while going to and from the office. At lunch table, you will see that many of the locals have healthy boiled vegetables or a bowl of salad.
- Due to a few unfortunate incidents, many consider United States to be racist. But, that is not entirely true. Americans are very accommodating and treat everyone equally. Your skin color does not matter as the USA welcomes you with a warm heart and open arms.
- A lot of travelers fear going to the USA since they think that the citizens are quite arrogant and not very helpful. But, America ardently follows the saying ‘you receive what you give’. If you talk politely to them and pass a courteous smile, you will get a positive response. Ask them anything in a soft manner, and they will happily help you out.
- Not many consider the United States of America to be diverse. Comprised of 50 states, which country wouldn’t be? It can be observed in a number of things including architecture, food, politics, accents, culture, and much more. You just need to keep an eye out and deeply observe all that America has in store.
With these myths busted, you can now travel to USA with an open mind. Create an itinerary using a trip planner like TripHobo and be ready to have a great vacation.