The inaugural Caribbean Digital Journey Expo, a collaboration amongst Vacation Advisors Marketing the Caribbean and the Corporation of Japanese Caribbean States (OECS), was launched on June 17. The one-working day virtual function was created to send out a concept that the Caribbean has reopened properly for business. The theme of the event was “From Survival to Sustainability: Charting the Long run Course of Caribbean Tourism.” Reps from motels, points of interest, airways, cruise traces and excursions presented information, vacation bargains and free info sessions, to strengthen business connections and showcase the getaway selections in the area.
Some 1,425 delegates registered to participate in the 12-hour software, which provided 23 periods and 40 speakers on the Expo’s virtual stage. Presentations geared completely in the direction of vacation advisors were held in between for the duration of the working day, and in the evening the classes have been opened to individuals. Viewers engagement was facilitated as a result of webinars, chat rooms, 1-on-one chats, dwell polls and a lot more.
Highlights of the Caribbean Journey Expo provided:
The Expo experienced a numerous system lineup of academic and experiential displays that bundled:
- Keynote Address: Sent by Dr. Didacus Jules, director normal of the OECS about the “Current Impact of Caribbean Tourism and Foreseeable future Chances.”
- Instructional Classes: Expert subject areas, such as LinkedIn, Pinterest, storytelling, email and Search engine marketing marketing, to enrich expertise-developing and reinforce product sales and marketing strategies.
- Panel Discussions: Insights from vacation marketplace officers and place leaders about the state of the business and the upcoming outlook, put up-pandemic.
- Sustainable Initiatives: Recognizing a bigger desire for accountable and genuine journey, the Youth Discussion board highlighted 3 Caribbean youth-owned enterprises, crafted on sustainability procedures.
- Caribbean Expertise: A tribute to St. Vincent and the Grenadines next the the latest volcano eruption it incorporated performer Skinny Fantastic, 5-time Soca Monarch winner of the place and Jamaican cultural performer Dr. Amina Blackwood-Meeks. Veteran Caribbean broadcaster Julian Rogers, MBE hosted the Opening Ceremony.
- Mind of the Advisor Polls: Audience insights to gauge the perceptions and intentions of travel advisors.
- Prize Lender: Featuring around 15 Caribbean experiences.
Caribbean suppliers engaged delegates in one particular-to-a single consultations and accessed downloadable information, this sort of as brochures, shows and films. Associates of these Caribbean brands reviewed itinerary strategies and exclusive promotions and offers, giving journey advisors with the inspiration to provide far more Caribbean journey activities. The list of exhibitors have been the Antigua and Barbuda Resorts Affiliation, the Bahamas, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, Sandals and Seashores Resorts, Vacation Advisors Marketing the Caribbean, and the United States Virgin Islands.
In this popular area, attendees have interaction in live chats with sponsors, exhibitors, speakers or their peers. There were being opportunities to share views, offer data, ask thoughts, expand their network of contacts and make business opportunities.
For much more information and facts, pay a visit to www.tastc.org.
CHTA and ASTA Be part of Forces to Increase Member Gains
B.V.I Drops Quarantine, Arrival Exam for Vaccinated Tourists
Aruba Tourism Authority Hires New Southeast Product sales Supervisor
Curaçao Lifts On-Island Constraints Ahead Summer time Vacation