The U.S. Travel Affiliation introduced the election of Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, as its new countrywide chair. Duffy, who most not long ago served on the board as initially vice chair, will lead an executive committee and board symbolizing a numerous cross-part of travel business sectors.
As countrywide chair of U.S. Travel, Duffy will guide the board and association’s initiatives to:
- Expand engagement with enterprises and companies to generate advocacy initiatives and condition the future of vacation
- Unite the sector under one particular voice to tell the views and actions of elected leaders
- Progress priorities centered on recovery and rebuilding of the U.S. journey sector
- Teach and tell travel stakeholders.
Duffy joined Carnival Cruise Line in 2015 immediately after serving as president and CEO of Cruise Strains Worldwide Association (CLIA). She has also served as president and CEO of Maritz Journey Organization. As president of Carnival Cruise Line, Duffy oversees a company that sails a fleet of 24 ships, annually hosts nearly 6 million attendees and employs much more than 43,000 individuals from 110 nations close to the world. Duffy is the initial girl to provide as president of Carnival Cruise Line.
Duffy sits on the corporate boards of administrators of Aimbridge Hospitality, a hotel administration products and services business, and Herschend Loved ones Enjoyment, the nation’s largest household-owned operator of themed attractions, like Dollywood and Branson’s Silver Greenback Metropolis. She sits on the Specialist Advisory Board of St. Jude Children’s Exploration Hospital, of which Carnival Cruise Line is the formal celebration lover. Duffy is also a member of The Committee of 200, an firm of the world’s most prosperous ladies business leaders that supports, celebrates and advances women’s management. She was not long ago named by Gals Primary Vacation & Hospitality as one of its leading women of all ages in travel and hospitality.
In addition to Duffy, U.S. Vacation put in other board officer positions:
- Vice Chairs: Julie Coker, president and CEO, San Diego Tourism Authority Fred Dixon, president and CEO, NYC & Organization and Sharon Siskie, SVP, commercial method – Disney Signature Activities, Disney
- Treasurer: Stephen Revetria, president, Giants Enterprises, San Francisco Giants
- Secretary: Michael Dominguez, president and CEO, Involved Luxurious Inns Worldwide
Duffy succeeds Desired destination DC president and CEO Elliott L. Ferguson, II, whose phrase as chair has concluded.
KHM Journey Team Launches “KHM Today” Chat Clearly show
Leisure & Hospitality Accounts for 39% of Work opportunities Missing to Pandemic
Regent Seven Seas Cruises Will make Appointments in Marketing and PR
Stats: U.S. Vacation Agency Air Ticket Revenue Present Regular monthly Development