VBT Bicycling Vacations and Country Walkers unveiled new tours and destinations for 2021. From the Swiss and French Alps and the wine regions of France and Italy, to Patagonia and the natural wonders of the Galápagos Islands and Andes Mountains, the new itineraries offer active and physically distant adventures. There’s also a selection of domestic departures.
New tours for 2021 include:
VBT Bicycling Vacations
- Maine: Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park (self-guided): Explore cozy beaches, craggy shorelines and fishing harbors with views of working lobster boats. Departures from June to October 2021; six-day bike vacation.
- California: Napa, Dry Creek Valley & The Pacific Coast (Self-Guided): Cycle among classic “NorCal” landscapes of vineyards, hills, forests of redwoods and ocean shores, while stopping to sample California’s finest wines. Departures from April to October 2021; six-day bike vacation.
- Vermont: Middlebury Countryside & The Lake Champlain Coast (self-guided): Pedal the farmlands of the Champlain Valley surrounded by the Green Mountains and Adirondacks, dotted with red barns, silos and fields grazed by dairy cows. Departures from June to October 2021; six-day bike vacation.
- Switzerland & France: Lake Geneva, Annecy & Valleys of the Alps (guided): Cycle paved bike paths amid the Swiss and French Alps, following the Rhône and Isère rivers to Lakes Geneva, Annecy and Bourget. Departures from May to October 2021; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- Spain & Portugal: Coastal Camino de Santiago (guided): Cycle along sections of the Camino de Santiago on this bike tour of Spanish Galicia and Portugal’s northern coast, with an array of landscapes and charming medieval centers. Departures from April to November 20; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- Greece: Sparta, Monemvasia and the Peloponnesian Peninsula (guided): Cycle along Greece’s Peloponnesian Peninsula, a crossroads of civilizations offering coastal and mountain vistas. Departures from April to October 2021; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- France: Vineyards of Beaujolais (self-guided): Cycle into the heart of Beaujolais wine country to discover fine wines, cuisine and an array of biking routes. Departures from April to October 2021; nine-day bike vacation and air package.
- Croatia: Dalmatian Coast: Split to Dubrovnik (self-guided): Cycle Croatia’s Dalmatian Islands, exploring hills, traditional stone villages, beaches and the medieval treasures of Split and Dubrovnik. Departures from April to October 2021; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- The Netherlands: Holland’s Golden Age Towns and the North Sea (self-guided): Discover North Holland’s tulip country along serene canals, through Renaissance-era cities and cheese markets, and along meadows, tidy farms and fields of flowers. Departures from March to September 2021; nine-day bike vacation and air package.
- Italy: Tuscany, Lucca to Siena (self-guided) – Ride from Lucca to Siena, inn-to-inn, traversing the landscapes of vineyards, cypress-lined lanes, olive trees and hill towns. Departures from April to October 2021; nine-day bike vacation and air package.
- Greece: Athens, Delphi and Meteora (guided – full): Find your own oracle and epic views hiking on sky-high trails to Greece’s