The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation is making ready for Section 2 of its Tourism Readiness and Restoration System, which will begin on July 1 and would make it possible for for the resumption of intercontinental journey to the Bahamas.
Owing to the modern boost of COVID-19 instances in the U.S., and in an abundance of warning for the health and protection of equally vacationers and residents, all incoming guests ought to existing a COVID-19 RT-PCR adverse (swab) exam on arrival. Those arriving in the Bahamas in between July 1 and July 7 ought to existing results no additional than 10 times aged. Those arriving in the Bahamas following July 7 ought to existing results no additional than 7 times aged. Decide on people today will not be required to offer a exam:
- Young children underneath the age of two
- Young children in between the ages of three and 10, provided their point out or county of home does not administer exams for kids underneath that age moms and dads or guardians ought to offer evidence of tests restriction on arrival
- Personal pilots who do not deplane
All vacationers will be required to entire an digital health visa prior to departure at travel.gov.bs. Each and every traveler will want to upload their exam results and offer get hold of information that is essential for get hold of tracing applications. An automated reaction will be provided on completion, and it is critical that vacationers existing evidence of confirmation on arrival in their spot. No quarantine will be required on arrival nevertheless, vacationers who demonstrate indications of COVID-19 may possibly be transferred to an place away from other travellers for further tests and analysis.
At airports and seaports, healthcare personnel will perform temperature screenings for all incoming guests. Vacationers will be required to dress in a experience mask in any situation where by it is needed to enforce physical distancing tips, these as when getting into and transiting air and sea terminals, while navigating protection and customs screenings, and at baggage claim. New fines and penalties for all folks, including Bahamian residents and guests have been proven for those people not donning experience masks in places where by it is required.
As section of Section 2, resorts and getaway rentals, including Airbnb and HomeAway, will open up to friends. Domestic and intercontinental airlines are permitted to resume support, and a lot of are commencing to announce programs for their return to the Bahamas:
- Southwest will resume day-to-day support in between Baltimore and Nassau on July 1
- JetBlue will resume day-to-day support in between New York (JFK) and Nassau, as nicely as Fort Lauderdale and Nassau on July 2
- Delta will be resuming its twice day-to-day Atlanta to Nassau support July 2
- United Airways