The SIA AppChallenge is back again for its sixth version and it’s searching for the most important breakthroughs in vacation engineering to address 6 essential ache points. The deadline for entries is July twelve.
The AppChallenge is one of the initiatives from the airline searching for to build its interactions and networks with startups from all all-around the earth. This year’s 6 themes obstacle startups to look at the subsequent issues:
- Seamless Journey Experience – How can we automate the approach of figuring out damaged baggage? How can we take care of in-cabin baggage to be certain a clean boarding working experience? How can we re-consider a customer’s everyday living onboard Vistara flights? How can we use engineering to cut down catering waste and automate the inflight delivery of pre-purchased foods?
- People today and Functions – How can we use gamification to assess the suitability of candidates for Cabin Crew roles? How can we leverage intuitive electronic resources to help engineers in pre-departure things to do?
- Past Journey – How can we empower new shopping activities at physical touchpoints as a result of individual cell devices?
- Travelling in the New Norm – How can we build strong capabilities that address customers’ fears on their health and safety throughout their vacation journey, equally on floor and in flight?
- New Business Opportunities – How can we leverage SIA’s belongings and worldwide brand to start new merchandise, solutions and businesses that are adjacent to and enhance our main business?
- Sustainability – How can we produce new approaches to broaden our sustainability initiatives?
“This obstacle is an chance for startups at the forefront of innovation to work with the world’s primary airline and be section of the driving power in transforming the way we vacation,” the business mentioned in a introduced assertion.
Next the submissions round, selected startups will be invited to pitch their solutions pretty much to SIA, Scoot and Vistara business teams, and incorporate feedback from the session.
Shortlisted participants will then enter the “prototyping round” – in which they will be demanded to build or fantastic-tune their product, in planning for their pitch to SIA. Contributors will acquire weekly digital mentoring from SIA and NUS Company to guideline them in their prototyping.
And finally, finalists will be invited to pitch to Singapore Airlines senior administration and prime executives in Oct. Options with business probable will be speedy-tracked into the SIA Accelerator Programme, in which startups will build a evidence-of-idea of their alternative with Singapore Airlines.
Up to five startups from the Grand Finale round will speedy-keep track of applying their solutions as a result of the SIA Accelerator Programme and will:
- Take part in a 10-7 days programme to apply their alternative as a result of a evidence-of-idea
- Be matched with a committed SIA business mentor and NUS advisor to co-produce their alternative
- Attain accessibility to Singapore Airlines and essential partners’ APIs
- Accessibility a workspace and facilities at Singapore Airlines Digital Innovation Lab, KrisLab
- Obtain funding Aid
The AppChallenge is open