Tui flight catches fire at Manchester Airport
Passengers have been shocked to see smoke billowing from their aircraft when they landed at Manchester Airport.
A flight from Mahon caught hearth right after a ‘technical fault’, the airline has confirmed.
Travellers explained ‘it was a bit worrying’ but said workers were being really reassuring and handled the incident professionally.
Everybody disembarked securely.
The alarm was elevated at all over 3.45pm on Saturday, July 30, just after travellers claimed looking at smoke coming from the suitable aspect of the aircraft.
A Tui spokesman claimed: “We can ensure flight TOM2609 from Mahon to Manchester, which was operated by an airline companion, expert a technical fault on arrival to the stand and was met by the fireplace assistance.
“We are in get hold of with the airline to get info about the incident and to ensure when the plane can return to provider.
“The protection of our passengers and crews on associate airways often continues to be our maximum precedence. The plane was completely safe and sound to land, and all passengers have been disembarked.
“We comprehend how unsettling it can be when an aircraft is satisfied by emergency providers so we will carry on to provide our whole assistance.
“We’d like to apologise to all buyers for the inconvenience and thank them for their persistence and knowing at this time.”
The plane’s motor caught fire soon after landing., A spokesman for Manchester Hearth and Rescue Company said: “At about 4pm on Saturday, July 30, firefighters were known as to Manchester Airport in which a plane’s motor was on fireplace immediately after landing.
“Manchester Airport’s fireplace support extinguished the hearth.
“Two fireplace engines from Wythenshawe Hearth Station also attended the scene and remained there for half an hour right up until an engineer confirmed the plane was protected.”