VBT Bicycling Vacations and Country Walkers unveiled new tours and destinations for 2021. From the Swiss and French Alps and the wine regions of France and Italy, to Patagonia and the natural wonders of the Galápagos Islands and Andes Mountains, the new itineraries offer active and physically distant adventures. There’s also a selection of domestic departures.
New tours for 2021 include:
VBT Bicycling Vacations
- Maine: Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park (self-guided): Explore cozy beaches, craggy shorelines and fishing harbors with views of working lobster boats. Departures from June to October 2021; six-day bike vacation.
- California: Napa, Dry Creek Valley & The Pacific Coast (Self-Guided): Cycle among classic “NorCal” landscapes of vineyards, hills, forests of redwoods and ocean shores, while stopping to sample California’s finest wines. Departures from April to October 2021; six-day bike vacation.
- Vermont: Middlebury Countryside & The Lake Champlain Coast (self-guided): Pedal the farmlands of the Champlain Valley surrounded by the Green Mountains and Adirondacks, dotted with red barns, silos and fields grazed by dairy cows. Departures from June to October 2021; six-day bike vacation.
- Switzerland & France: Lake Geneva, Annecy & Valleys of the Alps (guided): Cycle paved bike paths amid the Swiss and French Alps, following the Rhône and Isère rivers to Lakes Geneva, Annecy and Bourget. Departures from May to October 2021; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- Spain & Portugal: Coastal Camino de Santiago (guided): Cycle along sections of the Camino de Santiago on this bike tour of Spanish Galicia and Portugal’s northern coast, with an array of landscapes and charming medieval centers. Departures from April to November 20; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- Greece: Sparta, Monemvasia and the Peloponnesian Peninsula (guided): Cycle along Greece’s Peloponnesian Peninsula, a crossroads of civilizations offering coastal and mountain vistas. Departures from April to October 2021; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- France: Vineyards of Beaujolais (self-guided): Cycle into the heart of Beaujolais wine country to discover fine wines, cuisine and an array of biking routes. Departures from April to October 2021; nine-day bike vacation and air package.
- Croatia: Dalmatian Coast: Split to Dubrovnik (self-guided): Cycle Croatia’s Dalmatian Islands, exploring hills, traditional stone villages, beaches and the medieval treasures of Split and Dubrovnik. Departures from April to October 2021; 10-day bike vacation and air package.
- The Netherlands: Holland’s Golden Age Towns and the North Sea (self-guided): Discover North Holland’s tulip country along serene canals, through Renaissance-era cities and cheese markets, and along meadows, tidy farms and fields of flowers. Departures from March to September 2021; nine-day bike vacation and air package.
- Italy: Tuscany, Lucca to Siena (self-guided) – Ride from Lucca to Siena, inn-to-inn, traversing the landscapes of vineyards, cypress-lined lanes, olive trees and hill towns. Departures from April to October 2021; nine-day bike vacation and air package.
- Greece: Athens, Delphi and Meteora (guided – full): Find your own oracle and epic views hiking on sky-high trails to Greece’s sacred sites, including the medieval monasteries of Meteora and the archaeological site of Delphi. Departures from April to October 2021; 10 days flight and tour combo.
- Chile and Argentina: Patagonia and Torres del Paine National Park (guided – dull): Travelers will go fossil-hunting with a paleontologist guide, share a gaucho-style barbecue on a 100,000-hectare working estancia and listen to ice slabs crashing down from the Perito Moreno Glacier. Departures from March to December 2021; 11 days flight and tour combo.
- Ecuador: Andes and the Galapagos (guided – full): Experience two cultural and natural marvels while strolling beaches, hiking highland forests, exploring remote coves and more. Departures from March to October 2021; 10 days, flight and tour combo.
- Lithuania and Latvia: Vilnius to Riga (guided – flex): Visit Baltic castles and grand, historic palaces nestled in beautiful settings. Departures from June to September 2021; 11 days, flight and tour combo.
- Ireland: Cliffs of Moher, the Burren and Aran Islands (self-guided): Walk along the scenic Cliffs of Moher, explore the rockscapes of The Burren National Park, explore the Aran Islands, and enjoy authentic pubs and cuisine. Departures from April to September 2021; five days, tour only.
Country Walkers and VBT Bicycling Vacations offer travelers six active travel styles: guided – full walking, guided – flex walking and self-guided walking (Country Walkers) and guided biking, self-guided biking and guided bike and boat (VBT Bicycling Vacations). All itineraries include bilingual expert guides and leaders, local restaurants and small, family-owned accommodations. E-bikes are also available on most VBT Bicycling Vacations tours.
For additional details, visit www.vbt.com or www.countrywalkers.com.
Intrepid Travel Releases Guide to Help Businesses Decarbonize
Globus and Cosmos Announces “Small Group Discovery” Tours
AdventureWomen Debuts New 2020-21 U.S. Outdoor Adventure Tours
Discover Your Italy New Small Group Tours for 2021