Viking declared nowadays that new 2024 sailings of its Mississippi River cruises are now on sale. The company’s initially tailor made vessel, Viking Mississippi, will debut in August 2022 and will sail voyages on the Mississippi River between New Orleans and St. Paul. Viking notes that choose sailings have currently marketed out by means of the 2023 time. This powerful demand from customers has led Viking to open 2024 sailing dates quicker than originally anticipated.
Currently scheduled ports of contact on Viking’s new Mississippi River cruises deal with seven U.S. states: Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Darrow, New Orleans and St. Francisville) Mississippi (Natchez and Vicksburg) Tennessee (Memphis) Missouri (Hannibal, St. Louis) Iowa (Burlington, Dubuque and Davenport) Wisconsin (La Crosse) and Minnesota (Crimson Wing, St. Paul).
The 2022-24 Viking Mississippi voyages
- America’s Terrific River (15 times New Orleans to St. Paul)—Relax and consider in the wide range of surroundings, foliage and wildlife on this leisurely voyage. Appreciate Southern charm and preserved houses in Natchez retrace the measures of Civil Rights leaders in Memphis ascend the Gateway Arch in St. Louis and pay a visit to “The Norwegian Valley” in La Crosse. Many sailing dates are now accessible in June, July, September and Oct 2023 and 2024.
- America’s Heartland (eight times St. Louis to St. Paul)—This journey introduces tourists to the locks and dams that command the movement of the heartland rivers. Hear tales of settlers migrating west study about Lewis & Clark, Mark Twain, John Deere and the Amish and Norwegian migrations expertise the regional songs like polka and Norwegian folk and style regional cuisine showcasing regional beer, develop and Wisconsin cheese. Numerous sailing dates are now obtainable August to September 2023 and 2024.
- Heart of the Delta (eight days New Orleans to Memphis)—Tour the spot wherever the migrating French and Acadians settled immerse by yourself in the culture and lessons from the American Civil Rights Motion find out the new music of the South—jazz, blues and gospel and encounter the existence and foods society of the south, from Cajun and Creole to the famed “dry” Memphis BBQ. A number of sailing dates are accessible in November 2022 extra sailing dates are now obtainable in January to June and Oct to December 2023 and 2024.
- New Orleans & Southern Attraction (eight days New Orleans to New Orleans)—On this exploration of the Lower Mississippi, wander the historic estates and study about Civil War heritage at noteworthy sites. The roundtrip journey from New Orleans will allow for friends to sample Cajun and Creole delicacies while getting in the sights and sounds of the French-motivated ports, such as Baton Rouge, Darrow and extra in Louisiana and Mississippi. Numerous sailing dates are accessible in November to December 2022 added sailing dates are now offered in January and December 2023 and 2024.
- Mississippi Getaway Year (8 days Memphis to New Orleans)—In December 2022, guests will find out the Decreased Mississippi for the duration of a unique getaway voyage. The eight-working day journey will contain exclusive “Privileged Access” to Graceland, adorned for the season Cajun cuisine and searching excursions a visit to marvel the gentle shows and adorned historic properties in Natchez and Baton Rouge. Onboard festivities will consist of specific celebratory regional eating and treats for the vacations. Many sailing dates are readily available in December 2022.
Past the Mississippi, the organization not too long ago took supply of its seventh ocean ship, Viking Venus, which will formally be named on May 17, 2021 in the United Kingdom by its ceremonial godmother, Anne Diamond. In 2022, Viking will introduce its new expedition cruises, with the first 378-guest, function-constructed expedition ship, Viking Octantis, launching in January 2022 for voyages to Antarctica and then North America’s Excellent Lakes. A second expedition vessel, Viking Polaris, will debut in August 2022, sailing to Antarctica and the Arctic.
Viking Proceeds Restart With Bermuda, Iceland and U.K. Voyages
Seabourn Reveals Winter season and Spring 2022-23 Voyages
Silversea Shares Aspects on its Return to Sailing
Crystal Endeavor’s 2021 Iceland Voyages Now Open up for Reservation